A lot has been going on w/ school stuff in the past few weeks, but I don’t feel particularly creative, so excuse the boring bullets, but…
– Classes started, obviously.
– No more anatomy lab – yay
– DO have pathology (not again!), parasitology and microbiology labs to contend with
– Am developing first cold of school year. Yahoo.
– Pathology remains painful, but other two are mostly fun
– Last Thursday, me and the other pet food company rep took the new interns and residents at the hospital out to dinner. When I applied for the job, this networking perk hadn’t even occurred to me, and really, it’s the biggest one there is. Otherwise, I’d not have the opportunity to meet these people until I started clinics my fourth year, and even then it’d be all work, not just a nice casual dinner. Can’t say that I was really in the mood for it, but it was still something good.
– Also, us pet food reps hosted a huge picnic for the vet school Saturday. It’s something the company sponsors every year, as a welcome-back. We totally lucked out with the weather, had a good turnout, threw a good party. It was a lot of work, but between that and the dinner, I’m more or less off the hook until we host a meeting sometime mid-semester. And there are worse things to do than spend someone else’s money and throw a big party.
– First quiz of the semester tomorrow…all about Helminths. Which are worms. Yahoo.